Tuesday, March 6, 2012

[Easy] Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches!

I decided to make a batch of each gluten-free and gluten-filled chocolate covered peanut-butter pretzels during a weekend trip to the Poconos with a group of friends. You can never go wrong with a combination of pretzels, peanut-butter and chocolate.

Ingredients
One small bag of Gluten-free pretzels
One larger bag of regular pretzels (I chose a shape that allowed me to make a sandwich with peanut-butter)
2 cups skippy peanut butter
(Skippy because it was labeled gluten-free)*
One bag of semi-sweet chocolate chip

*I previously made these but added powered sugar and butter to the peanut-butter. To be honest, I couldn't tell a difference without the extra sugar and calories.  

Recipe:

I lined two cookie sheets with wax paper and began to melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler. While they were melting, I placed two pretzels together with a small amount of peanut butter in between. I started with the gluten-free ones so I didn't contaminate the chocolate or peanut butter. I filled up about a half of one cookie sheet with the peanut-butter gluten-free pretzel sandwiches. By that time, the chocolate was melted (I had to stir the chocolate every once in a while). I dipped the peanut-butter sandwiches in the chocolate, while also using a spoon to help drizzle it onto the sandwiches, and then replaced them onto the wax-papered cookie sheets. I repeated until all gluten-free peanut-butter sandwiches were dipped in chocolate and then moved onto to doing the same thing with gluten-filled pretzels. Using the gluten-filled pretzels, I filled up the entire cookie sheet.



I allowed the pretzels to cool on the counter before placing in two separate containers. They were quite delicious and didn't last long at the Poconos!




No comments:

Post a Comment