Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY: Necklace and Robe Holders



I didn't have anywhere to hang my necklaces and we needed another hook or two for towels/robes in the bathroom. Less than $15 at Michaels Arts & Crafts and about an hour later, I had both. I love the wooden art section at Michaels, which is where I found both projects. The total cost included the wooden anchor and pegs as well as a small container of navy blue paint. Our bedroom and bathroom is the Nautica Plaid set and the navy paint matched perfectly.

If you are wondering what the large black door is, we live in an old house 
and our shower is in the house's safe.


We waited about two hours for the paint to dry and then hung them both up. We'll only use the anchor to hang robes because we didn't use a protective spray. We also used two nails on either side of the anchor to keep it in place. I only painted one coat on each, however I'd recommend two.

Not exactly what we had in mind originally, but we really like how they turned out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment