Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tangy Barbeque Sauce


Brittany "hates" barbeque sauce, or at least that is what she has told me since we started dating. They are too sweet and just don't do it for her
This is a problem because I love it in every single form.
Vinegar based.
Mustard based.
Tomato based.
All of them. So to go with our chicken fingers, I decided to give it a go for myself.  We decided to add a few ingredients to take the sweetness away - vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and spicy brown mustard.  I think it worked out pretty well.

And, now, Brittany doesn't hate barbecue sauce.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup of white vinegar
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Sriracha Sweet Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Recipe
Combine all ingredients over low heat, stirring often. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment